Wageningen UR with Direction; Leadership Expedition
Every organization must remain permanently alert to continuous changes in increasingly complex environments. A proper balance between the development of employees and the Organization is indispensable. Wageningen UR (University & Research) gave Direction a project to develop a Young Talent program: the Wageningen UR Leadership Expedition. This Leadership Expedition, which was recently successfully completed, was mostly aligned to High Performance Leadership training.
What factors create a high performance leader and how does he or she strike a balance between inspiration, results, action, facts and people?
Design of the Leadership Expedition
The Leadership Expedition consists of an intake- and final discussion plus five modules. The complete course is made up of a combination of cognitive insights, practical experiences, interactive dialogue sessions and has a direct link to Wageningen UR practices:
- Leadership Expedition Kick-off: What are the characteristics of leadership, of 21st century leadership, and the rules of the game of high performing leadership?
- Wageningen UR leadership & business operations: comprehensive analysis of Wageningen University and Research Centre management with regard to its vision, core values, decisions and connections. What elements are crucial to business operations?
- Leadership & Business Development: what is the value and usefulness of strategic positioning in the Organization’s departments?
- Leadership & organizational development: organizational development is more than just the sum of individual changes, but why do many changes fail? During intervision the following question emerged “How do you increase capacity for change within the Wageningen UR Center”?
- Leadership and Team Development: Mutual exchange of team dynamics that are the most difficult to deal with and mapping their effects.
How do you get everyone to share the same views so as to be able to achieve the common goal together? How do you deal with team members who are not doing what is expected of them; are they unable or unwilling employees?
Leadership Expedition outcomes
At the end of the Leadership Expedition course participants will be able to:
- Distinguish between various forms of leadership in relation to their own personal style.
- Demonstrate effective ways of reacting and showing courage in different work situations.
- Develop an inspiring leadership style and apply this to their own work setting.
- Have more insight into management of executive operational responsibilities.
- Give their own career path better direction and create their own development plan.
- Make effective use of the internal Wageningen UR network.
- Manage for results based on trust.
- Act as catalysts in change processes.
After the Leadership Expedition course, people within the Wageningen UR will be better connected to work processes and they will be able to grow towards the future together!
Interested in a Leadership Expedition and / or what this can mean for your organization?
Then please contact Muriel Schrikkema.